Saturday, January 3, 2015

The Lost Wedding Quilt

I guess this quilt wasn't *technically* lost, but the pictures were lost in the 50 gazillion unlabeled pictures on my computer. I'm in the process of going through everything before I wipe the whole she-bang and I happened upon the final unblogged summer quilt. As is my usual m.o., the pictures were taken quick and dirty, right before it was wrapped up for gifting.


 For my friend Kayla's quilt, I sorta, kinda Pinterest-stalked her wedding board to get an idea of the colors and styles she was leaning towards. I ended up really liking the Littlest line of fabric for her, even though it is meant for children. I just left out the more immature prints and matched up some solids. I also added a few fabrics from my stash. The pattern is the Spiced Chai block from the book Vintage Quilt Revival.



I quilted it with diagonal lines about 1 1/4" apart. I really like how the quilting accents the directionality of the blocks.


For the back, I just took all of the leftover fabric and made 3 vertical rows, flipping the middle one. The quilt really ended up matching the colors and vintage feel of the wedding. Who knows if it matches their house, but at the very least, I hope it reminds them of their wedding when they snuggle under it!

No comments:

Post a Comment