This is the Geranium dress pattern by Made by Rae. For awhile she was offering the 0-3 month size pattern for free, so I snatched it up, since that's the first size I was going to make anyway. I also thought it would be a good way to try the pattern. Well, I think it's adorable and so easy, so I'll definitely be buying the whole pattern soon.
I made the tunic option, thinking that would be the most useful for a newborn. Won't it look cute with a purple diaper cover peeking out? The fabric is Cotorienne Can-Can in aqua by Anyan for Yuwa, which I picked up from Pink Castle when it was on sale. I loved the print and knew it would make the cutest girl clothes without being over-the-top GIRL.
I almost left those pockets off thinking they would be a) useless for a newborn and b) too much on such a little piece of clothing. In the end, I decided to put them on as I really feel the pockets are the cutest part of this pattern and what makes it different from other dresses out there. I'm so glad I did, because I think they really take the top up a notch.
As you can see, I still need a method of closure on the back. I was going to do buttons, but they'd have to be tiny, and I think snaps will be easier to maneuver on a wiggly newborn. I've never done snaps before, so it'll be a new skill learned, too.
I can't wait to see some chubby little legs sticking out from this top!