Thursday, March 29, 2012

KAL - I can do it!

So Shannon of luvinthemommyhood announced a new knit along yesterday and I am determined to actually do this one. I have been wanting to start knitting more than just cowls and hats for awhile now, but I have been really nervous. I mean, you invest all sorts of time and money (sweaters take a lot of yarn!) and what if it doesn't turn out? I thought a knit along would help me get over those fears, so last summer I signed up to do a cardigan KAL - and never got past the cast-on. I wasn't in love with the pattern anyway, so its probably a good thing. Well, I think I can do this KAL. This time around it's tanks, tops and tees - and a tank sounds WAY easier than a full-on sweater. Plus, I'll actually be able to wear it when I'm done - if it fits. I bought and downloaded the Summertime Tunic from Interweave.


If a tank is easy, a tank without straps to knit is even easier! I've ordered 5 skeins of Cascade Ultra Pima in Syrah from Jimmy Beans Wool - if I can pull this off, it'll be beautiful!


I should have some time to get the Honeycomb Cowl off my needles before I start - if I ever get a moment alone. We are at my parents' house for the week since hubby is out of the country and it seems Jack has decided not to sleep while we're here. No nap in 3 days and up 2 hours early every morning makes for a very cranky boy - and mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment